Year 7 Catch Up Funding
The Numeracy and Literacy Catch-up Premium provides schools with funding to enable additional support to Year 7 pupils. Schools are free to spend these funds as they see fit.
The Year 7 catch-up premium allocations for 2017-18 were allocated to schools on the basis that they receive the same overall amount of Year 7 Catch-up Premium funding as received in 2016-2017, adjusted to reflect the percentage change in the size of their Year 7 cohort between the October 2016 and October 2017 school censuses.
During the academic year 2017-18 £8,272 was received. Details of funds in respect of pupils admitted in September 2018 have yet to be determined.
The funding is used to provide early intervention, enhance learning and improve pupil achievement through:
- The provision of additional classroom support to assist pupils in accessing the curriculum by supporting their numeracy and/or reading;
- The purchase and application of an accelerated reader scheme for pupils in Years 7 to 9;
- The purchase of specialist resources;
- The provision of equipment and financial support to enable pupils to participate in educational/enrichment activities and trips;
- Improved data tracking – SISRA.
- The support and intervention programmes ensured 100% of pupils made progress following the intervention.