Gatsby Benchmark Eight: Personal Guidance
“Personal guidance can support young people to develop their personal effectiveness, career readiness and better educational outcomes.”
(Personal Guidance: What Works – The Careers & Enterprise Company)
- All of our students in Year 10 and Year 11 are provided with at least one personal guidance interview whilst key study and career choices are being made.
- Our careers adviser (Paula Wroe) is a Level 6 professionally qualified adviser and provides impartial advice that is tailored to the individual needs of each student.
- Each careers interview helps students identify the best possible learning, training and employment opportunities by assessing their abilities, interests and achievements.
- Each student receives an action plan document detailing the important next steps to achieving their career ambition.
- To supplement the personal guidance interviews, all of our students have access to a careers related drop in service that is available every Wednesday break time, lunch time and after school.
- Our careers advisor works alongside our Year 9 pupils as part of their options process that begins in January each year.
- All of our careers guidance is underpinned by the Matrix Standards Award, the national requirement to deliver careers services.