Gatsby Benchmark Five: Encounters with Employers and Employees
“Every pupil should have multiple opportunities to learn from employers about work, employment and the skills that are valued in the workplace.”
(Good Career Guidance-The Gatsby Foundation)
- All of our pupils participate in at least one meaningful encounter with an employer each year, where they learn about what work is like and what it takes to be successful in the workplace.
- An extraordinary variety of such encounters take place. A sample, including detail of what makes them meaningful, can be accessed by clicking here.
- As part of our annual ‘Careers Week’, each pupil in Year 7, 8, 9 and 10 benefits from a further employer encounter. Details of the 2019 events can be found by clicking here.
- Year 11 converse with and receive valuable feedback from employers as part of their mock interview experience, held during the spring term. Click here to find out more.
- Year 10 and 11 learn from employers during their networking time at our annual careers fair. You can see details of this event here.
- Y10 and Y11 hold meaningful and personalised careers encounters with specifically selected employers who represent careers they are interested in as part of our careers cafe experiences.
- Year 10 pupils meet over twenty employers from different sectors across Lancashire during their ‘Speed Networking’ event. The aim of the session is to provide our pupils with meaningful employer encounters and the opportunity to ask professionals a variety of questions about careers, labour market information, employability skills and pathways. This event assists them in thinking about their post 16 choices and the skills and traits they will require in order to be successful in their ambitions.