At Our Lady’s Catholic High School we are committed to providing all of our students in years 7 to 11 with a comprehensive programme of careers education, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG) and work related learning (WRL) that is underpinned by the firm belief that every young person needs high-quality career guidance to make informed decisions about their future.
Our programme is guided by the Gatsby Foundation benchmarks, where we strive to:
- Have an embedded programme of career education and guidance that is known and understood by pupils, parents, teachers and employers.
- Provide good-quality information about future study options and labour market opportunities.
- Offer different career guidance needs at different stages where opportunities for advice and support are tailored to the needs of each pupil.
- Link curriculum learning with careers for a wide range of future career paths.
- Facilitate opportunities to learn from employers about work, employment and the skills that are valued in the workplace.
- Provide first-hand experiences of the workplace to help their exploration of career opportunities.
- Ensure our pupils understand the full range of learning opportunities that are available to them. This includes both academic and vocational routes and learning in schools, colleges, universities and in the workplace.
- Provide guidance interviews with a trained careers adviser.
Note: This web page is in the process of being built and will be expanded in the coming weeks.
For further information please contact
Mr. A. Nelson
Assistant Headteacher / Careers Leader
Our Lady’s Catholic High School