Key Stage 4 Curriculum
Pupil’s study a full GCSE in Business Studies which consists of 3 units:
- Unit 1 – Introduction to a small business (25% – Year 10)
- Unit 2 – Investigating Small Business – Controlled Assessment (25% – Year 10 & 11)
- Unit 3 – Building a Business (50% – Year 11)
Unit 1 – Introduction to Small Business (25%)
- Spotting a business opportunity
- Showing enterprise
- Putting a business idea into practice
- Making the start-up effective
- Understanding the economic context
- Students will take a 45 minute External Examination, totalling 40 marks. This examination will be a mixture of multiple choice and objective test questions.
Unit 2 – Investigating Small Business (25%)
- The content is the same as Unit 1.
- This is the Controlled Assessment part of the Business Studies GCSE.
- The task is set by Edexcel.
- Unit 2 is marked out of 40 marks.
- Students get 6 hours of research time and a 3 hour write up period.
- The Controlled Assessment is marked internally and moderated by Edexcel.
Unit 3 – Building a Business (50%)
- Meeting customer needs
- Effective financial management
- Effective people management
- The wider world affecting business
Students will take a 1 hour 45 minute External Written Examination; where pupils will need to answer all questions in sections A, B and C. The questions will be a mix of multiple choice, short and extended answer questions, data response and scenario based questions. Unit 2 is marked out of 90 marks.
If you require further information about this curriculum area please contact the Principal Teacher Mrs K Murray – firstname.lastname@example.org