Full Version
24th January 2019

Year 9 Options Day and Employer Encounter – 23/01/19

Our Year 9 pupils have begun their preparations for life in KS4 by participating in their Options Day.  After a presentation on the options process and an overview of the day by Mr Nelson, the pupils invested their time learning from LMI (Labour Market Information), researching possible future careers and investigating the academic routes they would need to pursue in order to increase their chances of success.  As well as sessions focused on decision making, our Y9 pupils researched information about the subjects that they could study next year via our ‘Google Classroom Options Page’, as well as participating in an employer encounter with either Preston’s College and or HMRC.  The final session of the day involved completing a mock options form and selecting 6 preferences for their 4 options slots.

Pupil Feedback
  • I have thoroughly enjoyed today.  I found learning about options really helpful.  Thank you. Aimee Froggatt
  • I liked today as before today I had no idea what I was going to choose and now I have a clear idea.  I know what subjects will benefit me most in the future.   Grace Wignall
  • Today was so useful as I was able to see what exactly which GCSEs I require in order to get the job I want.  I’ve also learned the jobs that I am most suited to.  Caitlin Jackson
  • Today helped me to gain a further understanding into the options process.  I enjoyed researching and finding out about the variety of careers there are.  I really enjoyed the session with HMRC.  Albert Livsey
[rl_gallery id=”3053″]