Year 7 Catch Up Funding
The numeracy and literacy catch-up premium provides schools with an additional £500 for each Year 7 pupil who did not achieve at least Level 4 in reading and/or maths at the end of Key Stage 2. Schools are free to spend these funds as they see fit.
During the academic year 2015-16 £8,000 was received in respect of 16 pupils admitted in Year 7 in September 2015 and funds are currently being awaited with regards to those admitted in September 2016.
The funding is used to provide early intervention, enhance learning and improve pupil achievement through:
- Employing Higher Level Teaching Assistants to support pupils through the application of various intervention strategies;
- The provision of additional classroom support to assist pupils in accessing the curriculum by supporting their numeracy and/or reading;
- The purchase and application of an accelerated reader scheme for pupils in Years 7 to 9;
- The purchase of specialist resources;
- The provision of equipment and financial support to enable pupils to participate in educational/enrichment activities and trips;
- Improved data tracking – SISRA.
- The support and intervention programmes ensured 100% of pupils made progress following the intervention.
The above strategies will continue in 2016/17.