We have 2 full time members of staff who deliver the full Sociology curriculum to option groups at Key Stage 4:
- Mrs Hardacre (Principal Teacher)
- Miss Dennison (Teacher of Sociology)
The Sociology Department has two purpose built rooms, each containing an interactive whiteboard.
Key Stage 4 Curriculum
Sociology is the study of human behaviour and how people interact within society. It is extremely relevant, interesting and covers a wide range of today’s social issues such as education, the family, crime and deviance.
Pupils study a full GCSE in Sociology which consists of:
- Paper 1- AQA
- 1 hour 30 minutes
- 50%- 90 marks
- Studying Society -discovering conflicting approaches to studying sociology, and methods (an analysis of the ways that sociologists gather data through interviews and observations), as well as exploring social structures (e.g. the family, education), social processes (e.g. socialisation and social control) and social issues (e.g. inequality).
- The family -Which examines how the family has changed over time and the changing roles of men and women within the family
- Education -This topic examines how different types of educational establishments may affect performance. It will also examine gender, class, ethnicity and education.
- Paper 2 – AQA
1 hour 30 minutes
50%- 90 marks
If you require further information about this curriculum area please contact the Principal Teacher Mrs P Hardacre – firstname.lastname@example.org